Friday, July 11, 2008

PCAGOE AUG 2008 It's Show Time Challenge

.................................
IT'S SHOW TIME!
.................................
Guess which movie inspired me
with the following creation??

DRAGONHEART
(1996)

I made this today for PCAGOE August Challenge. When I found out what the theme was, I knew for sure it has to be the movie "Dragonheart" - the Best Dragon movie ever made!! And of course, partly because I like Sean Connery (though you won't see him in person in the movie) whom gave the dragon the perfect voice!

For this piece, I named him DRACO as in the movie. He is a focal pendant, hand-sculpted using Premo Polymer Clay. He has a pair of hematite eyes and embellished with genuine fresh water pearl and fancy Czech glass beads. The red Swarovski crystal bead (which makes the heart) forms an accent to the piece. I finished it with a layer of satin glaze. As usual for my drakon piece the stringing hole is hidden through the wings, horizontally. DRACO measures approx. 2-1/2” long from the tip of the wing to the end of the body and 2” Wide.


Drakon DRACO will be available for sale at my etsy shop... soon.

To vote for your favorite entry and maybe win a fabulous prize pack, visit pcagoe.com between August 1st to 3rd! Click on VIEWSLIDESHOW for easy viewing with entries descriptions.








My favorite quote from DRACO in the movie:

"I mainly chewed in self-defense. I didn't swallow."










No comments:

Moving back to Singapore

Yes, I am going home... I will miss Hobby Lobby and Michaels' a lot! Hope I will have the time to continue claying 🙌