Friday, May 1, 2009

Mom's MiniME Portrait Cake Topper


This is my mom - a mother to 5 grown children and grandma to 7 grandchildren.
She is turning 60 this year... guess how we celebrate this special day?







First, we celebrated it according to the Chinese custom... We had the Longevity Peach Bun (aka Shou Tao), which is a Chinese steamed bun specially made for birthday of elderly folks. It is stuffed with sweet lotus seed paste (yum!). In Chinese culture, peach is associated with longevity and ancient chinese believed that the peach of the Heaven (Pan Tao) can grant one an extra 500 years of life once eaten. So, we had to have these longevity buns on Mom's 60th Birthday. :)


Then, we surprised her with a western style birthday cake with a mini version of her as cake topper! Everyone burst into laughters when they saw this. What a way to end a celebration ;p

This is my first piece of polymer clay hand sculpted clay character and I am glad that it was made for my mom.



No comments:

Moving back to Singapore

Yes, I am going home... I will miss Hobby Lobby and Michaels' a lot! Hope I will have the time to continue claying 🙌