Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Art Nouveau Butterfly

Donna Kato's work are fabulous and I love all her works! This is another project I was working on since last week - BUTTERFLY! It is very time-consuming when working from scratch creating molds for the butterfly wings, but the results are worth it.


I 'painted' the wings using PearlEx (since I do not have Perfect Pearls, yet) and after heat cured, have it sealed with satin glaze (won't need to seal it if Perfect Pearls is being used).



Anyway, this is it - my TABOUQ (left) and KOOPINK (right) butterfly inspired by D.Kato. I can't help saying how much I love them!! lol...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your butterflies are absolutely gorgeous! All of the extra care and attention you put into them, really shows!

Miranda's Critters said...

These turned out beautiful! Makes me want to give it a try :)

Moving back to Singapore

Yes, I am going home... I will miss Hobby Lobby and Michaels' a lot! Hope I will have the time to continue claying 🙌