Friday, July 18, 2008

From My Studio This Week (Part 1)

PEACOCK FEATHER CANE

Oh well, I did a feather cane for my peacock before but I used Skinner Blend roll cane method back then - it was simple and easy to make comparing to this one. Check it out at my blog dated 2007, June 19.

Again, this was my first attempt and the peacock feather cane turned out (almost) the way I wanted. I will be using it for my next Birds' Collection.

FACTS: I love canes but hate the cane-reducing process. Although I found good tutorials on reducing cane but it requires a lot of efforts, patients and practices to master it. Due to my LOVE for canes I had to keep challenging myself... for the sake of art. (lol)


BOUQUET

This lovely piece was created by chance. I was running several colors of clay through my pasta machine and boom -- my eyes was caught on the pretty color stripes. So after twisting and shaping here and there, I got a shape which I am finally happy with. Next, what to do with it? Staring at my containers of beads and pearls for quite a while, the idea of making a bouquet pop right up. So I sculpted the flowers and leaves, added a couple of neutral color freshwater pearls -- wahlah! A masterpiece!

No comments:

Moving back to Singapore

Yes, I am going home... I will miss Hobby Lobby and Michaels' a lot! Hope I will have the time to continue claying 🙌