Saturday, August 9, 2008

Creations inspired by KATO

I came across this lovely "Purple Passion Necklace" yesterday at http://valleycreations.etsy.com. Love the mica shifts work done on this piece, and the colors are great!


Seeing this reminds me of Donna Kato's books and Kato clay which I've owned but were sitting in the shelf waiting to be worked on. So, I start making couple of simple pendants.



I think I'll start a "Black & Gold" section in my etsy shop.

Tried mica shifts, not very successful this time but will keep on trying. I'd be delighted if I could achieve what valleycreations did above, lol.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love those pendants! Kepp trying the mica shift Lilin, you'll get it!

Amanda said...

Hi Lilin,

Thanks so much for featuring me this week! I really enjoy reading your blog.

I'm tagging you! If you would like to participate, please create a blog post listing 7 random facts about yourself most people might not know. When you're finished, please tag 7 people yourself you would like to learn more about.

Check out my blog, http://confessionsofacraftymom.blogspot.com for more info!

Hugs,
Amanda

Moving back to Singapore

Yes, I am going home... I will miss Hobby Lobby and Michaels' a lot! Hope I will have the time to continue claying 🙌